Remove Green Edge Artifacts
The image is masked, but most likely it will have green artifacts near the edges. Before we can call this project complete, we need to remove those artifacts.
- Create a new layer (Layer> New Layer or Shift+Ctrl+N). In the Layers pallet, move the layer to the bottom.
- Fill the bottom layer with a 50% gray. To do this, press Shift+Backspace and the Fill tool should appear. Select 50% Gray from the Use drop down menu and click OK.
The Fill Tool
- With a 50% gray background, the green edges are clearly visible and the background will help us with the next step.
With a 50% gray backdrop, the green edge artifacts are more visible.
- Select the top layer and open the Hue/Saturation tool (Image> Adjustments> Hue/Saturation or Ctrl+U). Select Green from the Edit drop down menu and set the saturation to -100. Immediately green edge should disappear.
Reducing Saturation in the Greens
- Now that we're done, paste the background you would like to use as the bottom layer.
(Rollover your cursor over the above image to see the unedited image.)